Friday, September 28, 2007

one of those days...


Today it was time to pull my finger out. I would go for a stiff am road ride with strongman Danzilla and, stop press, write something on this page.

So yesterday arvo 5pm mtb, on my way to my favourite AT track running session, I had two flats within 30 minutes. This resulted in a 1 hour muddy run home along with the bike to get more tubes (I totally deserved this only having one spare), two bush ticks which I only found on my ankles this morning, a tree collapse from a fire in the forest missing me by at least 5 metres, a slide down a rock slippery dip on my left hip after a pedal unclip & a totally un-functional & leaking front hydraulic brake (as a result of the slippery dip). Needless to say I missed the track session.

Welcome back to mtb.

So back on the trusty road steed this morning, and after yesterdays laughable mtb effort, it left me wanting. It didn’t so much as appease my appetite for some nice solid road k’s as merely whet it. In the unbeatable sunshine coast spring morning there were no flats, no running, no near misses, no ticks, no grazes & no mud behind the ears. Quite lackluster in comparison to my previous ride. Apart from the company that is.

No comments: